In this age of technology we’re putting too much stress on ourselves to compete with the world and apparently we don’t have time for ourselves, what we do if we feel hunger-have a quick bite on some junks!!! And as a result what we gets we feel down in the dumps. I am listing out some of the certain foods that can improve your mood swings by providing needed nutrients or changing your brain chemistry. By having them they can boost your mood. These are some scientifically accurate foods that will instantly make you forget all your problems and bring a smile to your face.
1. Berries: Name the one who don’t loves Strawberries. They contains some of the essential nutrients i.e. Vitamin C, potassium etc and a good source of antioxidant.
Vitamin C helps endorphin production and on the other hand potassium, helps nerve impulses, and pelargonidin, that helps boost your mood.
Purple pigment found in Blueberries and blackberries contains anthocyanin, which, aside from being a heart-healthy antioxidant, is also a mood enhancer.
2. Eggs: The most popular thing and found easily at almost every grocery shop. It contains essential fatty acids, which help your body to produce serotonin naturally. If you are having Low serotonin levels they will lead to depression, anxiety, insomnia and fatigue.
3. Salmon: Clinically proven it is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, and can be used to treat depression, anxiety or mood swings and by having this you can improve concentration and boost your memory.
I know not all can go for the salmon for an Omega-3 supplement, so there is a good news for vegetarian friends: there are vegetarian sources of omega-3s present in the market which includes walnuts and flaxseed, and good news is they have the same end result as that of salmon. Not everybody knows that our bodies can't produce DHA by its own, and people who are low in DHA are more prone to depression. Omega-3 fatty acid helps in production of DHA.
4. Yogurt: Have yogurt keep smiling. with its sugar content, yogurt doesn't cause cavities. The lactic acid present in it gives the protection to you gums. And on the other hand, yogurt contains probiotics. Probiotics are known as "friendly bacteria" that are naturally present in our digestive system. Friendly bacteria could lead to boost the immune system and promote a healthy digestive tract. Yogurt As a milk product, contains tryptophan, which helps your mind to produce the natural antidepressant seratonin. Also it contains whey protein, which decreases anxiety, and calcium, which relaxes your muscles.
5. Dark Chocolate: Everybody knows Chocolate is the classic 'happy mood food'. By having some of the best tasting chocolate could lead to many health benefits. By having some of them causes brain to release endorphins, and as a result it creates sense of ‘euphoria’ or you can say state of happiness and self-confidence. By having, it can lower the blood pressure and it’s good for heart too. It also contains phenethylamine, which is once again another chemical that can make you happy.
6. Spinach: From the childhood we were watching Popeye the sailor man having spinach for beating the trouble and that only taught us that it makes you strong, but it not only make you string, but also makes you happier by aiding serotonin production. There are two main components in the spinach who plays huge role in boosting your mood and prevent you from becoming depressed they are folic acid and magnesium. To satisfy your daily folic acid needs consume at least two cups of spinach and you'll stay focused and concentrated all day long with a good mood.
7. Chicken: Chicken which is rich in selenium and improves mild and moderate depression. Previous studies have also shown the link between low selenium intakes and poorer moods. Having the skinless chicken will offers lean protein, which may help you maintain a healthy weight and increase your lean muscle mass. Also it is a good source of Vitamin B which helps in creation of dopamine, a mood neuro-transmitter that may reduce Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) symptoms.
8. Tofu: It is a soya based product and very rich in protein and good for those who are vegetarians. Muscle relaxation was carried out by the ingredients found in and the amino acids present in it are essential for boosting dopamine levels in the brain, which again is a mood neuro-transmitter.
9. Avocado: Having the avocado can lead to many health benefits such as it can balance hormones, boost metabolism and fight diseases, and I am sure that most of the people don't know that avocados have powerful anti-aging properties contained in both the flesh and the oil. Its products do wonders on your skin, hair and nails.
10. Green Tea: Nowadays everyone’s favorite! A new study based in Japan found that the L-theanine, an amino acid found in tea, helps people with anxiety and helps them to focus on their daily activities. L-theanine helps to reduce stress, improve the quality of sleep and helps in relaxation. Other than this it includes brain protective effects and improved attention.